Thursday, March 10, 2011

Home Schooling

Our home schooling materials for next year arrived and so we thought we'd get started on them. Here is Claire doing one of the science projects. I haven't registered with a home schooling school but I probably will.  We already know who will oversee Claire's home school class - my friend Lisa is a teacher registered with one of the home school schools here. In Kelowna you can register with a school and the kids go to class one or two days a week with other kids/families and then you home school them the rest of the time. Claire is already. We've only had the material for a week but I am really enjoying it and so are the kids. Claire loves the math and science curriculum we picked out. Max will go to pre-school next year and join us when he graduates to kindergarden. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!! What a perfect set-up! I have always loved the idea of school being split between home and an in-school setting - just hard to find in the states. So excited for you guys!
    That really looks like an awesome science experiment:) So what curriculum did you choose/will you be using?
    I hope you love it, because there is nothing else quite like having all of that special time learning with your own children (even though it is hard/challenging at times).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to talking more about homeschooling methodology!

    ReplyDelete