Saturday, October 29, 2011

Chilli "con acceptable veggies"

Kevin is a away and I was looking for a recipe I could use for a few meals for the kids that had some nutrition in it.  I stole this recipe from taste.com and altered it with veggies we like. My alterations are in red. You can view the unedited recipe at Taste.com.au


Ingredients 

  • 1/2 cup plain flour
  • (I used ground beef) 
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 brown onions, finely chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • (I Added) 1 can of beer
  • (I added 10 oz of canned corn)
  • (I added 14 oz can of kidney beans)
  • (I added 2-4 tbsp of molasses) 
  • 3 tablespoon ground cumin
  • 3 tablespoon smoked paprika
  • 3 teaspoon ground chilli powder
  • 16 oz can of quality diced tomatoes
  • (I added 1 cup of tomatoe sauce)
  • 1/2 cup water
A little flour to thicken
  • sour cream, diced avocado and warm corn tortillas, to serve


Method



  1.  Fry the meat and onions and garlic and spices and Worchester.

    2. Add the liquids and stir, taste and season more.

    3. Simmer till ready till eat it or save in sealed container in fridge until ready to eat.

Thanks to Taste.com for the Base recipe. 


2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! You really used 3 Tablespoons of cumin and smoked paprika? Is it thick or runny?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this last night using your adjusted recipe and it was a HUGE hit. Definitely a keeper. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete