Monday, June 18, 2012

Trip Pics 2/3

Kai admires a sandcastle in Torremolinos
 The kids and I jumping waves
Leo having a little snack of diaper wipes while no one is looking.
 Gelato.
 Claire in Granada
 Still in Granada, at the Science Museum.
 Reading a few X-rays
 Max examines Mr. Bones
 Me and Leo standing beside the heart of a whale. I took this pic. for Lindsay, my cardiology nursing friend. The heart will always be my favourite organ, ever since I passed Julia Wong's Physical Assessment Verbal Exam.
 The dino exhibit had both the boys climbing up their Dad. Especially because these dino's moved. Once I finally thought I had Max convinced they were robots and I asked him if he thought I should touch it, he started screaming all over again! lol. 

 Max with a triceratops horn.
 Claire made me take this picture for our friend Lisa, also Claire's Science teacher at co-op last year. She was so proud of these planets. 
 Kai, holding the magnifying glass wrong. 

Base Camp No. 4 Algarve, Portugal. The difference in the beaches btw Spain and Portugal, where like night and day.  Here is our the beach to our resort, we were often the only ones on it.  
 This is a second beach we went to in the Algarve. We were often stuck by how few tourists/travellers there seemed to be. 
 Claire was admiring the grabs that were hiding in the holes in the rock behind her.
 Leo, looking OH so ADORABLE. 
 Algarve at a third beach

 This is a cave we swam into. It was really cool and had birds with nests full of babies in it. 


Back in Lisbon 24h before we head home. Finally I found a starbucks.
Max makes friends with a pigeon man, at least until he scared all the guys birds away.
Curious cats, sporting their futbol jerseys. 
Sintra, outside of Lisbon. It had lots of castles. 
a few hours from departure time.
The Atlantic Ocean from Sintra, viewed for the last time, before we left. 
On the 9h flight home.... the kids did pretty well.

2 comments:

  1. Yippee for the heart pic! And holy jumpins its HUGE!!
    Thanks for thinking of me while you were abroad!
    Looks like you had a wonderful adventure together and made some great memories the kids will talk about for years to come.
    xo Luv Lindsay
    PS - Love your coach wristlet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beaches look gorgeous and everyone looks so relaxed. :) I love your new Starbucks mug as well. How many do you have now?

    ReplyDelete