Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Culture Swap

We signed Claire up for a Worldwide Culture Swap! Once you sign up you receive 4 addresses and you send them each package about your Province or State and you get 4 packages back from all over the world. It costs you the price of mailing and whatever you put in the packages, but mostly the packages are coloured or decorated by the kids. We just got the list of places where our culture swap group will be from; France, Switzerland, USA, and Israel. I am really excited and can't wait to tell Claire tomorrow where her boxes are going and coming from. We are going to the dollar store tomorrow to collect stuff from Canada Day remnants to add to our boxes. I will post you a pic of our boxes once we get them together. Here is an example of what my fellow blogger sent in her Bermuda box. Thank you Counting Coconuts for the idea!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea! Fantastic way to share around the world with other kids. I hope you'll show us what you send and what you receive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! This is the sort of thing I would LOVE to do with Greta....and would actually do...if I were sane. More reminders of the immensity of my brokenness right now. It feels like their childhood will be gone before I'm out of this.

    ReplyDelete