Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mornings with Leo

Armed in his fleece pyjamas he wakes early. Sometimes I pull him out of his crib (usually on the mornings when he slept through the night and I am not mad at him, these days are also known affectionately as 'love your Leo days'). And other days he falls out with a splat when he gets bored waiting and climbs out on his own. Regardless, he always walks around to my side of the bed - where I have no doubt returned to. He greets me with slobbery kisses, sucking on the end of my nose,or hair pulling or whimpers and shuffling as he tries to crawl into my bed. This morning it's the hair pulling and shuffling routine combined with a little rooting in the toy basket on the side. Finally he is On my bed waving blocks at me. He wiggles constantly. He sits and jumps on the heap of blankets that is me. Up and down up and down. He is a cowboy I am playground toy? A bull? A heap of blankets ? Who knows... But he is smiling - a new tooth gleaming at me. We waited months to see that tooth. I can't help but feel victorious for his small accomplishment. I think of all the many accomplishments he's headed for in life. And while I am thinking he stops jumping on me and sits beside me quietly - a rare moment. I relish it. I hold him close and practice saying all the things he sees out the window - glad that all his big accomplishments won't happen today. I love mornings with Leo - most days:)





1 comment:

  1. Finally, found the comment button... thought it was gone.
    He really is such a little man. I canNOT believe he crawls out of his crib like that; but I guess he can do it without hurting himself which inspires him to keep doing it. After all, what little guy wouldn't want to come see his mommy :) Good thing they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete