Monday, July 1, 2013

Seattle bound


7:35 am (1.5h into the drive) 

Record highs in Seattle and promises of sun and big city coffee pulled our 6 sleepy bodies out of bed for a 6 am departure this am. The kids wanted to go camping for weeks now so we are heading to Sequiem, Washington for a few days to look at lavender farms and camp. Then on to Seattle to visit the museum of flight, pikes place market and do some shopping. 

Current "group bonding activities/ obstacles": Leo is sick ( has been for days), kevin and i both have sore throats, no one went to the bathroom before we left, breakfast is desired - and the celery I packed is not!! Let the good times roll!!! :)

8:39 Some thoughts from Kai: "next time we go camping, we should go when we are not sleeping!" And "this is totally a long way" 

8:45:Snow in Hope - why does this surprise no one - besides Kai - who suggests we bail on camping and go skiing. 

12:00: Outlet malls!! Yeah. 

130: In line for the ferry to Kingston and then Sequiem. We grab hotdogs for the kids at a road side stand and take out Indian for us while we wait in line 

Promised treats for good behaviour at the outlet mall 
Ahh the ocean.... It's smells like home and I insist that everyone stand on the deck and smell home. Max decides home smells like shrimp. 

2:00:Seriously, I've lost my voice - entirely - As in no sounds at all!! And now Kevin is enjoying a peaceful drive - smirking at me everything I try to give him a wifely "suggestions". Things are looking up for him suddenly. 

4:30: We arrive at the tourism centre in Sequiem. I wave and smile at all the nice info people who are wondering why I am not scolding  my shack happy kids who tear the place apart and use the bathrooms repeatly and in shifts, while Kevin try's to get info. We have no place reserved and it is the July 4 th weekend. 

530 We hit up a grocery store and arrive at our site - ocean- side. Perfect. I love when no planning becomes greatly planned. We buy 6 bit sized hamburgers for 3.00$ ( I love America) and mini bagels ( as buns and to double as breakfast in the morning).  The tent is up in minutes after we arrive and the kids are free range - terrorizing the camp grounds. I can still smell "home", and see it. It roars behind me and I look forward to the next two days of glorious ocean. 

A well deserved beer and new outlet jacket 
Camp coffee - not so bad for a first real coffee for the day.
S'mores - many are sacrifices to the fire. 
Putting up the tent. 

8:16: we've been up for than 12 h now. So it's long time for this post to end 
Goodnight 

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, what's wrong with the little man? Hope Kevin and you quickly shake the sore throats and you all have fun! Kai has a point, but he is missing your point... that is the whole idea, that they would all sleep in the car for several hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it.



    i want to camp w you guys.

    ReplyDelete