Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Home School

 Max spelled his name with popcicle sticks
Claire and Max working together to match words with pictures. 

We started our home schooling trial at the end of June. Here are some pics of how much fun we are having. Truthfully, we are all really enjoying it. Claire is my best coach on how to be a "teacher".  For Math and Language Arts (phonics, spelling, printing etc.) we follow a guide but for the other subjects I am sort of winging it and I find that a bit challenging.  

Claire practicing measuring
 Kevin trying to build a volcano
 We work from 9-12 and accomplish most of our goals.
 We made felt boards and felts and like to make stories on them.
 The classroom

4 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!! Look at all the fantastic projects, hands on fun... I can't believe you are able to do 3 hours with them (impressive). Love your schoolroom setup too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We take breaks, sing songs, run around the house, have a circle time. read books too... (my least favourite part). I cant

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think O looks so much like Kai....

    ReplyDelete