Friday, July 27, 2012

Home Schooling

Someone posted this on their site and then proceeded to explain all the reasons they think home-schooling is for losers. It sort of made me laugh when I saw it, because no matter the reason, I can't help but think what great parents for wanting something more for your kids, be it because they are ill, delinquent, religious or super-intelligent kids. 
I always swore I would never home-school, but one year of it (good times and bad) and I don't think I could ever go back. Granted it is not for everyone, but Claire and I both love it so much and Max is always asking when it is his turn (he is in pre-school now, but taught himself to read when he was still 3). 
Anyways, here are reasons some people home-school. But if you want another reason, I just read that two years ago high-school students in BC scored so badly in math that they decided to lower the math standards to graduate!! Way to go BC! Or how about this article which was on the front cover of the Globe and Mail Are kids failing at summer? , which critics students who go to summer school to get ahead in their studies because they aren't having fun playing video games and going to the beach with their friends all summer. Seriously??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment