I drive 30 mins to town and back to get a delicious coffee - much needed after dealing with a sick Leo all night. I set it down on the table and get ready to drink it but Kai appeared in the doorway in his little pyjamas. "I am hungry" he says and I give in but only if he promises to watch my coffee. I return a moment later. "Sorry mom, I let Leo dump it". Grr. Lunch time rolls around and Kevin gets me a new coffee. It is hot and I carefully bring it into the kitchen. Claire sits besides me, as close as she possibly can. She is bored and starts kicking her chair and clicking her tongue. I am frustrated. I wanted five minutes of silence to drink my coffee. I say nothing but leave the table and head for the deck. The screen is closed on the door, I try to open it, the coffee teeters and soon I've spilled ten dollars worth of coffee In 6 hours and not tasted a drop. Tears almost. Claire looks up and from her game at the table sees my expression and disappears. Five minutes later she returns with this note. Better than coffee for sure.

No comments:
Post a Comment